9 out of 10 people want to age at home
At AginginPlace.org, we strive to make that desire a reality for more people by helping seniors, their family members and their caregivers prepare their homes and their lives for successful aging in place.
I need assistance with:
As one gets older, bathing can become a complicated issue, especially if one has medical concerns. In this guide we look at all the ways to modify your bathroom to keep you independent.
Medical alert systems provide peace of mind for caregivers and assured safety for seniors who may be living independently or aging in place alone. Learn everything you need to know about medical alerty systems before making a purchase.
For people who live in homes with more than one story, not being able to use the stairs can make aging in place difficult or even dangerous. Learn more in this guide about stairlifts.
Remodeling a kitchen for senior living doesn’t have to be overwhelming. We’ve put together a list of everything you should take into account when modifying a kitchen, including organization, safety and convenience. Read on to learn more about a kitchen for senior living.
What happens if you become unable to discuss the type of care you would like to receive with your healthcare providers? An advance directive document will provide clear directions.
In-Home Care Reviews
Because your loved ones deserve the best care
- Get Barrier-Free Living with These Residential Elevators
- 7 Tips for Creating a Senior-Friendly Bathroom Starting with Toilet Safety Rails
- 6 Benefits of Stairlifts for Wheelchairs
- Home Remodeling for Aging In Place
- Best Alarm Clocks for Seniors and the Elderly
- Buying and Installing Bath Bars
- Aging in Place? Consider a Living Room Update for Safety and Security
- Remodeling Tips for a Safe, Convenient Laundry Room
- What To Do When You Redo Your Bathroom
- Important Updates and Modifications for the Bedroom
- A Comprehensive Guide to Medication Management
- Elderly Suicide: The Risks, Detection, and How To Help
- How the Opioid Crisis Affects the Elderly
- Adult Day Care
- Aging in Place vs. Assisted Living
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
- Caregiver Burnout
- Hospice Care
- Independent Living Solutions For Those Wanting To Age At Home
- Tips For Hiring A Bath Nurse
- Best Writing Aids for Those with Parkinson’s
- Best Dressing Aides
- Digital and Trend-Forward Games for Seniors
- Top Light Therapy Boxes and Lamps
- Protected: Blue Apron vs. Plated
- What Seniors Need to Know About Ride Sharing
- Tips And Tricks For Successful Senior Independent Living
- 10 Resources for Living Independently as a Senior
- Home and Health: Age at Home with these Tips to Stay Healthy
- Blue Apron Meal Delivery Review
- Comprehensive Guide to Mobile Health/Telehealth
- Comprehensive Guide to Personal Emergency Response Systems
- Top Internet Scams Affecting the Elderly
- Cellphone Guide for Seniors
- IoT and Seniors
- Telehealth and Seniors
- What is the Cost of Medical Alert Systems
- Senior-Friendly Tech Options: Learn the Secrets of Aging Gracefully at Home
- How to Become Tech Savvy Seniors in 10 Days
- Why You Should Have an Emergency Button in Your Home
- Medicare Plans Offered by Anthem
- How To Help A Loved One Enroll In Medicare
- Medicare and Cancer Treatment Coverage
- Does Medicare Cover Knee Braces?
- Will Medicare Cover Pre-Existing Conditions?
- Medicare In-Home Care Coverage
- Medigap Insurance Plans & Costs
- 7 Best Retirement Plan Options
- Life Insurance for Seniors Over 70: What They Don’t Tell You
- What is Long-Term Care Insurance and Who Needs It?