Maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle is key to aging gracefully. These can be the best years of your life! Experience this chapter of life to its fullest.
Independent Living GuidesIndependent living is different for everyone. As you’re aging in place, discover your favorite ways to stay active, happy, and free throughout your golden years.
Our Favorite Lifestyle ProductsExplore expertly evaluated products that help you retain your independence and happiness.
Medical Alert Reviews
Medical Alert systems bring safety and peace of mind to any senior’s home. But with all the options available, which is the best Medical Alert System for seniors, and which are the most affordable? Read our 2018 guide to find the right medical alert system for you.
Learn more in this review of LifeStation and how they have a fairly simple approach to giving customers a straightforward medical alert system to aid seniors who are living independently.
LifeFone is an experienced medical alert company that has truly thought through the details of senior care. Their equipment is well designed, attractive, and easy to use, with a range of options for different lifestyles. Learn more about their products and if they are right for you.
ADT offers a solid base of features and lower than average pricing on its three systems. Read more in our review of their services to decide if it is the right fit for you.
Wheelchair accessories are great for those who spend large amounts of time in a wheelchair. Read about a few great options for you or a loved one in this review.
If you are disabled or a caregiver responsible for transporting patients you know having a light wheelchair has a significant impact on your job. Check out the great ultralight manual wheelchairs we’ve reviewed.
Reclining wheelchairs serve a variety of purposes for seniors. Use this review to help you decide which reclining manual wheelchair is best for you.
Lightweight wheelchairs are great for simple and quick transportation. Discover if one that we have picked out is right for you here.
Kitchen Accessory Reviews
Numerous products available on the market can help the elderly with eating and everyday functions to gain and maintain independence. Find the best option for you in this review.
The Best Knife Guards for the Elderly will help you find the right product for your cooking needs and safety with an overview of features.
As we age, we can lose strength in our hands. In this review we have picked out some of the best can and jar openers for making life just a bit easier for seniors.
Tasks like taking a drink or opening a bottle can become more challenging as we age. Check out this review to see a few of our favorites.
More Lifestyle Advice
- What is Medigap Insurance?
- Everything You Want to Know About Senior Independent Living
- Financial Tools for Post-Retirement
- Seniors and the Gig Economy
- Winter Home Safety Tips for Seniors to Prepare Your Home
- How To Volunteer As A Senior
- 7 Tips for Creating a Senior-Friendly Bathroom Starting with Toilet Safety Rails
- Things Necessary For Aging with Dignity and Grace
- 6 Benefits of Stairlifts for Wheelchairs
- 10 Tips To Feel Comfortable In Your Own Home At An Old Age
- Healthy Foods To Eat And Meals You Can Make On Your Own
- Comfort Living: Why It Is Okay To Age At Home
- 6 Things To Do When Dealing With Loneliness At An Old Age
- A Guide to Gun Ownership for the Elderly
- Home Remodeling for Aging In Place
- Comprehensive Guide to Mobile Health/Telehealth